Careers at Green Velvet
We are always looking for team-oriented, positive, results-focused people to join the Green Velvet Team!
To apply or for full job description, please contact Nick Janovich, General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
This Warehouse Associate is part of Green Velvet’s warehouse team and is based at the Bellbrook, OH facility.
This role is primarily responsible for picking/packing orders, loading/unloading company trucks, moving palletized product, loading customer vehicles, and unloading inbound third-party trucks. The position utilizes both traditional warehouse-style forklifts and pallet jacks to move product. Experience on a forklift is desired.
This position is also responsible for other tasks at the facility including, but not limited to, cleaning/organizing various buildings/warehouses and interacting positively with customers.
Training will be provided for all tasks.
Schedule is Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm with Saturday morning shifts from 7:30am-12:00pm. This is typically a seasonal position commencing in March and ending in November.
This position reports to the Operations Manager of the Bellbrook, OH facility.
1) Knowledge of (or ability to learn) how to operate warehouse forklifts.
2) Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
3) Ability to work dayshift and ability to work Saturday mornings, as required.
4) Ability to problem solve for customers and internal employees.
5) Ability to lift/carry 50 pounds without assistance.
Outside Sales Representative – Turf & Ornamental
|This Outside Sales Representative – Turf & Ornamental team member will join Green Velvet in the Columbus, OH market. This position is responsible for maintaining and developing relationships with Turf & Ornamental customers throughout Central Ohio. Specifically, this position tends to focus on golf course customers.|
The company will depend on this position to solve customers’ most challenging problems by providing excellent agronomic advice and outstanding customer service. A robust turf & ornamental product line includes some of the industry’s best grass seeds, fertilizers, and chemistries. Further, Green Velvet is the region’s premier grower of turfgrass sod.
Over time, this position will develop relationships with various key customers (golf course, lawn care operators, sports facilities, etc) and will be expected to be aware of current industry trends, products, and best practices to make responsible recommendations to customers.
This position is expected to call on existing customers and also develop new business. The ideal candidate has existing golf-industry business contacts in the Central Ohio region.
Compensation includes a base salary, generous commission structure, and benefit package.
1) Turf/Ornamental sales experience of not less than three years OR equivalent experience as an end-user in the turf/ornamental industry (sports, golf, lawn care, etc.)
2) Experience with Microsoft Office and ability to learn sales/invoicing software.
3) Existing knowledge of pesticides, fertilizers, and grass seeds.
4) Exceptional communication, customer service, account management, and selling abilities.
5) Ability to problem-solve for customers and with internal employees.
6) Desire to learn new products and stay up to date on industry trends.
7) Highly self-motivated and able to work independently