Careers at Green Velvet
We are always looking for team-oriented, positive, results-focused people to join the Green Velvet Team!
To apply or for full job description, please contact Nick Janovich, General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Class A CDL Truck Driver – local routes – home nightly
This Delivery Driver position is based in our Bellbrook, OH branch located in the greater Dayton, OH area.
Green Velvet distributes turfgrass sod as well as turf and ornamental products to the central and southwest Ohio regions.
The company will depend on this position to safely deliver our products and positively interact with customers.
Customer service is a key element of this position. Drivers are responsible for loading/unloading, securing loads, and safety inspections of their trucks.
Deliveries are typically pallet quantities and forklift operation is required. Trailers include a mounted forklift for use at job sites. Experience on a forklift is not required and can be trained.
Over time, this position will develop relationships with wholesale customers (lawn care operators, golf courses, sports facilities, etc) and will be expected to learn the intricacies of each customer’s delivery.
Schedule is Monday-Friday. Hours are generally 7:30am-4:30pm but adjust with seasonal demand and/or delivery requirements. Some Saturday morning shifts are available as demand requires (usually peak season March-October.)
This position reports to the Operations Manager of the Bellbrook, OH location.
1) Class A CDL
2) Ability to secure freight
3) Ability to load/unload trucks using forklift (training available)
4) Positive customer service attitude
Outside Sales Representative – Turf & Ornamental
|This Outside Sales Representative – Turf & Ornamental team member will join Green Velvet in the Columbus, OH market. This position is responsible for maintaining and developing relationships with Turf & Ornamental customers throughout Central Ohio. Specifically, this position tends to focus on golf course customers.|
The company will depend on this position to solve customers’ most challenging problems by providing excellent agronomic advice and outstanding customer service. A robust turf & ornamental product line includes some of the industry’s best grass seeds, fertilizers, and chemistries. Further, Green Velvet is the region’s premier grower of turfgrass sod.
Over time, this position will develop relationships with various key customers (golf course, lawn care operators, sports facilities, etc) and will be expected to be aware of current industry trends, products, and best practices to make responsible recommendations to customers.
This position is expected to call on existing customers and also develop new business. The ideal candidate has existing golf-industry business contacts in the Central Ohio region.
Compensation includes a base salary, generous commission structure, and benefit package.
1) Turf/Ornamental sales experience of not less than three years OR equivalent experience as an end-user in the turf/ornamental industry (sports, golf, lawn care, etc.)
2) Experience with Microsoft Office and ability to learn sales/invoicing software.
3) Existing knowledge of pesticides, fertilizers, and grass seeds.
4) Exceptional communication, customer service, account management, and selling abilities.
5) Ability to problem-solve for customers and with internal employees.
6) Desire to learn new products and stay up to date on industry trends.
7) Highly self-motivated and able to work independently