Careers at Green Velvet
We are always looking for team-oriented, positive, results-focused people to join the Green Velvet Team!
To apply or for full job description, please contact Nick Janovich, General Manager, at email@example.com
Customer Service Representative – Bellbrook
This Customer Service Representative position is based in our Bellbrook, OH branch located in the greater Dayton, OH area. The facility houses a product showroom, customer service counter, and full warehouse.
This role primarily services wholesale clientele and a small amount of homeowners at the showroom sales counter. This position is the primary contact for walk-in customers (both retail and wholesale) as well as answering in-bound telephone calls. This position will execute the entire sales process– answering questions, helping select product, invoicing, and processing payment.
Positive customer service skills are of the utmost importance.
The company will depend on this position to continue Green Velvet’s legendary customer service to both contractors and homeowners.
Over time, this position will develop relationships with wholesale customers (lawn care operators, golf courses, sports facilities, etc) and will be expected to be aware of current industry trends, products, and best practices to make responsible recommendations to customers.
Schedule is Monday-Friday with rotating Saturday morning shifts during peak in-season months. Ideally this position is a full-time seasonal position– meaning full-time hours from March-November. We are willing to work with the right candidate on a mutually-beneficial schedule.
1) Experience in the green industry (sports turf, golf turf, lawn care, property maintenance, etc) is desired but not required. If applicable, please clearly indicate industry experience on application.
2) Ability to learn products/solutions utilized by end-users in the turfgrass/ornamental industry and stay aware of best management practices.
3) Basic computer experience and ability to learn sales/invoicing software.
4) Exceptional communication, customer service, and selling abilities.
5) Ability to problem solve for customers and internal employees.
6) Desire to learn new products and stay up to date on industry trends.
Truck Driver – local routes
This Delivery Driver position is based in our Bellbrook, OH branch located in the greater Dayton, OH area.
Green Velvet distributes turfgrass sod as well as turf and ornamental products to the central and southwest Ohio regions.
The company will depend on this position to safely deliver our products and positively interact with customers. Customer service is a key element of this position. Drivers are responsible for loading/unloading, securing loads, and safety inspections of their trucks.
Deliveries are typically pallet quantities and forklift operation is required. Trailers include a mounted forklift for use at job sites. Experience on a forklift is not required and can be trained.
Over time, this position will develop relationships with wholesale customers (lawn care operators, golf courses, sports facilities, etc) and will be expected to learn the intricacies of each customer’s delivery.
Schedule is Monday-Friday. Hours are generally 7:30a-4:30p but adjust with seasonal demand and/or delivery requirements. Some Saturday morning shifts are available as demand requires (usually peak season March-October.)
1) Class A CDL
2) Ability to secure freight
3) Ability to load/unload trucks using forklift (training available)
4) Positive customer service attitude