Daconil Action Fungicide
2 x 2.5 gal/case
(Chlorothalonil + Acibenzolar-S-Methyl)
- RATE 3.5-5.4/1000 sq ft
- Broad-spectrum fungicide and with the added benefit of Acibenzolar-S-Methyl, a plant activator.
- Contains the most utilized active ingredient in turf: chlorothalonil, plus a “Turf Protein Booster” enhancing active ingredient Acibenzolar-S-methyl.
- Unlike traditional methods of disease control, this active ingredient isn’t a fungicide as it has no direct effect against pathogenic fungi and bacteria. Instead, it acts much like a vaccination. When applied, Acibenzolar-S-methyl triggers the natural defense response, or the Systemic Acquired Resistance (SAR), of the turfgrass by activating production of pathogenesis-related proteins (PR proteins). The PR protein boost awakens the turf’s resistance to biotic and abiotic stresses like drought. In addition, this internal response within the plant enhances its own defense system against certain fungal and bacterial disease attacks. Thus, Acibenzolar-S-methyl bridges the gap between genetic resistance and conventional disease control by activating the plant’s own natural defenses.
- Provides the same disease spectrum as Daconil fungicide with enhanced control of anthracnose and dollar spot. Suppresses two additional diseases – Pythium blight and bacterial wilt.
- Increases the turfgrass plant’s ability to withstand environmental stress tolerances like drought.